Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Food Lately

Long time, no post! August was INSANE for me but I'm hoping the rest of the year is a little less crazy, which means I can post a little more frequent.

Here are some meals we've been enjoying lately..

Taco Salad with Ground Chicken - this is one of our staples, and this time I added black beans to it. It was so good! There isn't really a "recipe" for this, we just season up ground chicken with some cumin and chili powder and mix it up with lettuce, 2% cheddar cheese and salsa (and black beans). Easy!


photo


This may look like a really random picture (below) but I wanted to document it so I would remember. It's canned green beans simmering in low sodium beef broth and garlic. The result tastes AMAZING... it tastes just like the green beans you get at a cafeteria but without any bacon or butter or bad stuff in it.
photo

Matt discovered this one. It's a healthy take on Egg Salad Sandwiches. He combines 2 egg whites (I like to have one yolk in mine) with 0% cottage cheese, 2% cheddar cheese, yellow mustard and a little bit of sriracha for mine. DELICIOUS!


photo

This is one of my favorite simple meals.. salmon and broccoli. Matt seasons and cooks it for me (notice a trend? He's definitely the chef in the family!) and it's SO AMAZING. I ask for it all the time.

photo

Recently we had a BBQ with friends, and we had a lot of pasta salad left over. (The pasta salad is just Italian dressing, veggies and whole wheat pasta). For the leftovers, Matt grilled some shrimp for me, and I had it on top of the pasta salad with a little bit of BBQ sauce. It was delicious!


photo

Matt made this one (below) for me for breakfast while on vacation. It's scrambled egg whites with white Vermont cheddar cheese. It was so good, I had to take a picture ;)

photo

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try that egg and cottage cheese! looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete